Thursday, April 25, 2013

Garfield's Favorite Lasagna!

Welcome to my new food blog! Because many of you have requested recipes from me, I have created this blog to post my favorite recipes and other food and nutrition discussions. Not many of these are my own creations, but I hope to change that as I continue to experiment! For my first post, I am providing the recipe for my family's homemade lasagna. I don't know where it comes from originally, but I have tweaked it slightly here and there. It is delicious and simple to make, so enjoy!


LASAGNA

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 cans tomato sauce
1 6oz can tomato paste
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp parsley
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp basil
16 oz cottage cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup parmesan cheese

½ lb. lasagna, cooked (about 10-12)

Brown hamburger, onion and the garlic. Add the next 7 ingredients (combine dry ingredients together and mix well before pouring into sauce). Stir sauce, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Boil lasagna (add oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together). Drain and cool lasagna by running water over them. Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Layer as follows: half the lasagna, half the cottage cheese, half the mozzarella, half the sauce. Repeat for a second layer and top with ½ cup parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 12 servings.
 
Photographs by Cheri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment